Guidelines Section 1
Below are the guidelines for generators. Please read the below guidelines and then complete the online application on the WindStone website. You will be submitting this online application directly to the WindStone ARC.
Who to contact at Martin County for Driveway Information:
Building Department 900 SE Ruhnke Street, Stuart, Florida 34994
Building Permits 772-288-5916
1. No generators in the front yard or close proximity to the street.
2. Generator location is determined by the number of variables established by Martin County
regulations. There are requirements for distance off house walls, distance from window openings,
and distance from any walls surrounding pumps, AC units, property lines etc. --- please secure the
latest regulations by contacting Martin County Building Department.
3. The ARC tailors their approval based on Martin County allowed placement with additional
provision that placement not be visible from the street and all reasonable attempts be made to shield
the neighbor's view.
4. It should emphasized that generators are loud and placement should take into account the noise
factor relating to your neighbor and the Member installing the generator.
5. Landscaping will be required to minimize view from the street and the neighbor.
Generator installation to existing “Owner” home
Please complete and submit this on-line application
It is the responsibility of the WindStone Owner to secure a Contractor who is licensed and properly insured.
Note: Martin County Permit is required to installing a generator.