Guidelines Section 1
Pool change to existing “Owner” home
Please complete and submit this on-line application
Below are the guidelines for pools. Please read the these guidelines and then complete the online application that immediately follows these guidelines. You will be submitting this online application directly to the WindStone ARC.
Who to contact at Martin County for Pool Information:
Growth Management (Zoning and Environmental) 2401 SE Monterey, Stuart, Florida 34956
• Zoning Information 772-288-5501
• Zoning Compliance/Code Enforcement 772-288-5505
• Environmental Compliance/Wetlands/Uplands Preserves 772-288-5501
Health Department 3441 SE Willoughby Blvd, Stuart, Florida 34994
772-221-4000 #6 for Environmental
Building Department 900 SE Ruhnke Street, Stuart, Florida 34956
Building Permits 772-288-5916 • Inspections 772-288-5489
1. Pools cannot be located in the front or side areas of the home.
2. There are specific Martin County setbacks from the Preserve and rear property lines---please consult the Martin County Department listed above for the appropriate and current regulations for the proper setbacks.
3. Per Martin County there are specific safety features required for pools and the Building Department should be consulted concerning these important safety feature requirements.
4 . Pool equipment must be shielded from view by appropriately sized walls that are of the same construction as the house sidewalls and these walls must be landscaped.
5. The pool application to please include an approved landscape plan.
6. Pool fencing must be metal and meet Martin County requirements for height and the gate safety features. Pool fencing colors can be white or in the earth tone color family such as black, bronze, or dark green.
7. Vinyl secondary child fencing will be approved based on Martin County approval of these materials.
8. Please consult the Fencing, Gazebo & Decorative Walls section by clicking on the guidelines for that section.
Pool plans can be digitized and attached or paper plans dropped off with an ARC member. Please indicate how you wish to submit the plans:
A member will contact me to make arrangements.
It is the responsibility of the WindStone Owner to secure a Contractor who is licensed and properly insured.
NOTE: A Martin County Permit is required for pools. It is owner’s responsibility to secure a Martin County permit.