Guidelines Section 1
Below are the guidelines for new Doors and Windows in your WindStone Home. Please read these guidelines and then complete the online application that immediately follows these guidelines. You will be completing this online application and submitting the application directly to the ARC.
Who to Contact in Martin County for Doors and Window Information/permits:
Building Department 900 SE Ruhnke Street, Stuart, Florida 34994
Building Permits 772-288-5916 Inspections 772-288-5489
Door and Window Guidelines
1. Windows in the front elevation must be divided lite unless architectural details absolutely dictate otherwise.
2. Doors and windows must comply with Florida Building Codes as approved by Martin County.
3. Door colors ---door colors can be Flat or Satin finishes in an accent color, the trim color, or the house body color. Semi-gloss or gloss colors cannot be approved.
4. Window frame colors must be white or bronze; however, special window colors coordinating or matching the trim will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
5. Mirror type glazing or films cannot be approved.
6. Door changes will be decided on a case-by-case basis and will dependent on the requested door style and the architectural details of the home.
Window/Door change to existing “Owner” home
Please complete and submit this on-line application
Plans can be digitized and attached or paper plans dropped off with an ARC member. Please indicate how you wish to submit the plans:
A member will contact me to make arrangements.
It is the responsibility of the WindStone Owner to secure a Contractor who is licensed and properly insured.
NOTE: A Martin County Permit is required for these changes. It is owner’s responsibility to secure a Martin County permit.